E17 Art Trail in Wood Street
Each year 100’s of artists, school children and community groups get together to put on amazing exhibits around Walthamstow. This years E17 Art Trail kicks off on 30 May and runs until 15 June. There’s plenty of activities for families, there’s cycling and walking tours and a host of events.
There’s a huge amount happening up and down Wood Street, and below are some specific links to exhibitions.
Whilst browsing the Wood Street trail, remember there are lots of places to stop for food and drinks along Wood Street, such as Teras BBQ, Cafe Bonito, Station Yard Cafe, Moonlight Cafe – plus there’s lots of browsing to be done at Wood Street Indoor Market, and just up the road is Wild Card Brewery & God’s Own Junkyard.
Here’s some highlights of the Art Trail in the Wood Street area:
- No 151 – Mixed collection of oils – a range of oil paintings
- No 152 – Beyond Hollow Pond – 48 Barrett Rd – This exhibition is a collection of new illustrations from Amy McSimpson, the co founder of Hollow Pond
- No 153 – I love clay – Judy Leddi – 12 Vallentin Road – includes children’s workshops and tea and cake for sale
- No 154 – Anja Jane & Coffee – 83 Turner Road – Paintings, screen-prints & pop up cafe
- No 155 – Images in Frames – 59 Wood Street – Various exhibitions including Kerry Darlington, Jenni Murphy, Leigh lambert & JJ Adams plus Pat Bloor Tapestries
- No 156 – At Ease – Y-Wait, Wood Street Indoor Market – images of intimate scenes around the home
- No 157 – Angie Hicks & Sean Parfitt – Mothers Hub, 133 Wood Street – collaborative work
- No 158 – Treehouse in the Sky – Significant Seams – 131 Wood Street – community inspired work
- No 159 – Some Easons & a Bergman – 29a Upper Walthamstow Road – Print, paint, photography, pen & ink, mixed media & ceramics
- No 160 – Sharon Drew – New Paintings & Print – 15 Upper Walthamstow Road
- No 160 – Josh Berry -Sculptures – 15 Upper Walthamstow Road
- No 160 – The Physical & the Visible: Recent work by Mark Snowden – 15 Upper Walthamstow Road
- No 161 – My Reflections – Peterhouse Community Centre – 122 Forest Rise – photographs by Sarah Collins
- No 162 – Flowers by Hassan Vawda -154 Greenway Ave – Paintings
- No 163 – Photographs | From Pittsburg to Poconos – 85 Forest Rise – Photographs by Paula Smith